How to Plant Tomatoes to Maximize Your Harvest
This video tutorial shows you exactly how to plant tomatoes (plants and/or seedlings) for strong, healthy plants and more tomatoes. I show you how to plant tomatoes in the ground, a self-watering planter and even in a bucket.
There’s a complete demonstration and explanation of how to correctly plant tomato seedlings – whether you started them yourself or bought them from a garden center.
IN THIS VIDEO
I cover everything you need to know to successfully plant tomato seedlings to ensure a bountiful harvest.
• How to harden off tomatoes before planting
• What to do with spindly seedlings
• What to add to the soil before planting and why
• The one thing to add that will prevent blossom end rot
• The difference between determinate and indeterminate tomatoes
• Why you should “plant deep” and how to do it in a shallow planter
Find the last frost date in your area here.
Products shown in this video:
2 x 8′ Elevated Planter from Gardener’s Supply
Organic Tomato Success Kit from Gardener’s Supply
Sustane Compost Tea
Slow-Release Tomato and Vegetable Food 8-10-3
Espoma Garden Lime
Stacking Tomato Ladders from Gardener’s Supply
Have any other tips to share on planting tomatoes? Share them in the comments!
And if you liked this video tutorial, please sign up for our email updates with reviews, how-to articles and more gardening videos!