How to Remove and Replace Felco Pruner Blades
How to safely remove and re-attach the blades on a Felco bypass pruner, including what order to take it apart and put it back together, what tools you should use, how to tell if it's too tight, and more.
We demonstrate using the F-7, but the process will be similar with any of the Felco pruners, including the popular F-2 model.
Watch the video below for details:
We cover everything you need to know to successfully remove (and reattach!) the blades on a Felco F-7 pruner.
- How to remove the blade
- What tools to use
- How to reattach a new or sharpened blade
- How to reattach the spring
- How much to tighten it so it doesn't bind or wobble
TOOLS AND REPLACEMENT PARTS for Felco Pruners
- Felco 291 Replacement Springs for Pruners
- Pruner blades from Pruners Warehouse
- WD-40 to lubricate the blades
- Craftsman Inch and Metric 10 pc. Nut Driver Set in Zippered Case (we used the 6mm nut runner/driver)
- 12 mm wrench
Featured In the Video
See our guide to the Best Hand Pruners / Pruning Shears.
More Pruner Care Videos
Last update on 2021-05-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API